Adding Order Notes
The Order Notes panel displays notes attached to the order and can be used for storing event details, such as payment results or adding notes to the order for customers to view.
The following note types are possible:
- Purple: System status notices, such as payment gateway details – “order changed to processing” for e.g.
- Grey: General status updates, such as status changes or private notes. Customers do not see private notes, but when the status changes from processing to completed, an email WILL be sent to notify them of the status change
- Blue: Notes to the customer (must be selected from the drop down). Customers receive notes via email but can view them by viewing an order in their My account section, as well.
Notes can be a powerful tool for communicating with customers. Need to add a tracking number for shipping? Is delivery delayed?
Add a customer note, and they are automatically notified! NB: Do not start with “hi…client name“, since the template already includes these details. Simply begin with WHAT the note should say.
To add a note,
- Use the textarea to add the content of the note.
- Select Private note or Note to customer in the dropdown.
- Select Add.
NB: Private notes are things you keep to yourself, or as a reminder for the order, such as “service deadline due June 02” or “client updated delivery address to xyzzy 44 obvious lane”.